Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a real twist on converting a wagon to a 2 door. Is it a no post hardtop? Looks like nice work. A lowered stance and different wheels/tires could make it look even better.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372769770819

Bob

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think I personally would like it more if it was a different color. The first thought that popped into my mind when I saw the side pictures was that it looks like a hearse.

·
13,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The roof would lower than a wagon if they started with a hardtop.
Yeah, I knew that. The 435 in the VIN makes it a 4 door 2 seat wagon. What I really meant to say is, did they make it into a no post hardtop?

B.

·
Super Moderator
3,844 Posts
I think the color and the windows try to hide the C pillar. I'm guessing the roof is at sedan/wagon height and that the door and rear windows were raised to meet the slightly higher roofline. If it were a lighter color, the C pillar would stand out more and I wonder what that would look like. On first blush, it looks a little like some mid-sixties B body Mopar C pillars, from a '65 satellite or such. I like the idea, but the C-pillar isn't my fave.

Either way, a ton of work and a finished example on a car, so you have to give a lot of credit. If the front and middle windows go up and down as well and the body work for the mods looks good in person, then even more credit. It'll sell.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
I really like this wagon! Doing that much metal work and then painting it black shows a lot of confidence by the builder. Also, it's a three-pedal car - something unexpected these days. I like the interior, too. The gray provides a subtle contrast to the black paint. All-in-all, I think that the design elements create a nicely cohesive vehicle.

What would I have done differently?
1. The front tires are too tall. The same width with a shorter sidewall would add a bit of rake.
2. In concert with the front tires, I think that the cowl induction hood makes the front of the wagon look too 'thick'. A stock hood would have created a sleeker appearance.
3. The chrome grill and black bumpers aren't a good combination. Given the grille and the rocker trim, chrome bumpers would add a nice touch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts