Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's a good manufacture for a 2 1/2" cowl hood?
Wanna replace the goodmark flat hood with a nice cowl one..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do know that I don't want fiberglass,
Has anyone used a Classic Industies 2-1/2"?
They seem reasonable enough,
Any others I should look into?

·
Registered
287 Posts
If I can't find a stock hood in a timely manner, I will be placing an order with AMD. They seem to have the best re-pop sheet metal according to everybody I have asked.
Curtis

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Don't plan on any aftermarket hood to fit "perfectly". THEY ALL NEED TO BE ADJUSTED AND THEN , MORE OFTEN THAN NOT BODYWORKED. OFTEN THE TOP SKIN OF THE HOOD IS NOT WELDED TO THE INNER STRUCTURE PROPERLY AND ARE HIGH IN PLACES AND HAVE TO BE BEAT INTO SUBMISSION THEN BODYWORKED. :eek:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I GOT A GOODMARK HOOD AND IT HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME! :cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the heads up and tips, Ill be selling a driver front fender & the flat hood very soon, I have an OE fender to put on, thinking I can sell both for what a cowl hood would cost me...

·
Registered
639 Posts
I got my Goodmark cowl induction hood back in 2007 when I came back from Iraq. Nightshade hooked me up and I picked it up in Norwalk CA. Not sure if they still have the warehouse up there or not, but I know I got a great deal and saved a ton on shipping by picking it up myself. Worth looking in to if you are in SoCal...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my Goodmark cowl induction hood back in 2007 when I came back from Iraq. Nightshade hooked me up and I picked it up in Norwalk CA. Not sure if they still have the warehouse up there or not, but I know I got a great deal and saved a ton on shipping by picking it up myself. Worth looking in to if you are in SoCal...
I'll deff look into that... Thanks man..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts