Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Working on a 63 convertible that has been repaired in that past --- not so good of a job. I've look almost everywhere to find some pics so that I can make it look mostly original, hoping someone can help. The area that I'm interested in is where the kick panel comes down to the rocker, underneath the car. This is where it is all rusted out. I know that there is extra panels because this is a convertible.

Here is a pic of mine:
IMG_0321.jpg

Removed the tube that was put in for the repair.
image.jpg

Thanks guys for your help.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I welded in 3" square tubing in place of the clamshell. Much stronger and it ties the car together a lot better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That is kind of that I was thinking. What thickness did you use?

Did you weld it to the rocker panel?

It would be really awesome if you post some pic's too!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've heard this is a pretty common part to rust out on the convertibles. now i checked mine out and my floors are SOLID! had a lil surface rust on the passenger side but it's all cleaned up and taken care of. but after learning this is a common rust-out thing for the verts the last time i had it up for inspection i asked the guy if i could poke around. here someone got very creative and spray foamed the area and then sprayed it with undercoating to hide it. NICE :no:

now my question is how serious is this? ....where could/would i take this to get repaired. a body shop or a welding shop? how expensive would this be (so i don't get taken advantage of.

thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts