Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the trim removed from around the rear window but cannot get the side pieces off up to the wing. Is there a trick to get them off without damage. Also, looking through some catalogs and such it appears my trim might be different. I have a small piece of trim (about 6-7 inches) that attaches to the longer piece that goes to the door gap. It appears that the catalogs have that piece of trim as 1 solid piece. So what’s that all about? Thanks for any advice.

Rick.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I recently had to take the trim off my 63 for paint, etc. First, take off the inside trim off the top of the rear seat side paneling. That will reveal holes on the inside. Through these holes you can remove mounting screws that hold down the outside window reveal. Take off the piece closest to the door jamb first and then work your way back. You can't take off the stainless reveal molding without taking off the interior trim first. I think you will be able to figure it out after you get the first piece off.

PM if you have more questions.

Craig

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Sounds like you are talking about this molding. The short pieces are part of the back molding that has broken apart. The factory joined them together when new. Over time they will break apart. If yours are still together handle with care they break very easy.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts