Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m trying to get my rear window and trim off. I don’t want to damage the trim. I don’t think it has clips to hold the trim and might be similar to the front windshield where the trim seats inside the seal. Can anybody help with this removal?

·
Registered
990 Posts
A 63 hardtop does have clips holding the rear windshield trim on. You have to remove the trim first, then the window and install window, then trim. The sedans use trim held on by a channel in the rubber just like the windshield. Do you have a shop manual? It shows how to remove the clips.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have the Haynes repair manual at the moment and couldn’t find anything about the trim. I’ve removed the trim on 75 nova witch had clips that used a 90 degree pick to pull the clip and remove trim. I found the clips on the rear window of my 63 but when I go to try to pull them and get the trim off nothing happens and I don’t want to damage the trim

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hope you can make out the details from this picture. The text begins on the previous page and says "Back window reveal moldings 437 style. The reveal moldings are retained by clips that snap back over the back window pinchweld or retaining flange. A flange on the clip engages a flange on the molding (fig. 57) and holds ...
20200301_193250.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts