Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on getting this wagon of mine going here soon to drive around in the summer as my daily driver and for work (mobile detailing) but one thing I want to do is make this car reliable and comfortable. Part of the comfort process for me is to seal the inside of the car, insulate it, and add a better heater and A/C unit...
I like the old style looks of the under the dash unit but not the huge bulky ones that sag in the middle (plastic junk) or anything like that. I would not even mind a nice one that actually went in the dash and had to have holes cut out for nice classic chrome looking vents. I looked at Vintage Air units but do not see anything associated with 63 Chevy II's (Novas) and especially a wagon which I guess should be the same as the coupes or sedans.
Do they make A/C units for this that are complete with pullies and all?
Also how about having rear defrosters or air vents? I want a nice unit that will last and also be able to cool such a big interior of a car for when I take it to 3 hour beach trips. :) ;)
Thanks for any advice here guys!

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Vintage Air makes one for a 66/67, which all the underdash stuff should be the same. You could have you choice of vents.

They are great people to deal with, and I'm sure they could get you set up. Give them a call

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, I appreciate the info. I will look at the 67 kit and see what I can do here. I was going to part it together myself to try and save money but I thought about it and decided to just buy the kit where everything works together and be done with it. From the kits I have put together and used myself on customer vehicles, Vintage Air seems to be the best out there. I've used other companies before (one that is locally) and they were JUNK. The main heater box with the core in it was thin cheap plastic and it would sag in the middle from the weight inside and fluid going through and cracked, plus it was big and bulky and plain out looked cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts