Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping around for new bumpers for my 63SS. I am looking for recomendations on what companies you guys have used in the past.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Find some decent oe bumpers and have them stripped and chromed. I found a rear bumper for my 63 ss at a swap meet. Not only was the bumper in great condition, it had the brackets, and bumper guards. I paid $80 for it and I have the bumper at the chrome shop now and its going to cost $240 for the bumper and the guards. I had a decent front bumper and its going to be $200 for it. Way better chrome work and just a little more than a repo not to mention shipping cost and I will have oe bumpers with the GM stamp still in tact. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
I bought my front bumper for my 66 @ Jim Dyer in Stockton Ca...$149..very nice..

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Find some decent oe bumpers and have them stripped and chromed. I found a rear bumper for my 63 ss at a swap meet. Not only was the bumper in great condition, it had the brackets, and bumper guards. I paid $80 for it and I have the bumper at the chrome shop now and its going to cost $240 for the bumper and the guards. I had a decent front bumper and its going to be $200 for it. Way better chrome work and just a little more than a repo not to mention shipping cost and I will have oe bumpers with the GM stamp still in tact. Good luck.
and the repos dont seem to be as sturdy as the new stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts