Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While working on my seats I noticed that the drivers seat adjuster is curved to the rear but the passenger one is curved forward. I was pretty sure the car had not been apart . Is this normal or maybe a factory mistake or may have been replaced with the wrong side

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts
I seem to remember them being straight out and not covered. Can you share a pic?

·
Registered
421 Posts
While working on my seats I noticed that the drivers seat adjuster is curved to the rear but the passenger one is curved forward. I was pretty sure the car had not been apart . Is this normal or maybe a factory mistake or may have been replaced with the wrong side
These are 1965 seats. As you can see they are curved opposite for each side

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dan, mine are like those. It just seemed odd to have them going in different directions.

bg

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts
'65 used different seats and seat tracks. This comes up quite often, so I decided to take a some shots of '63 / '64 seats and tracks. You can check them out here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3868226135/in/photostream/

Note the '63 / '64 seat frames are different, however the differences most people will not notice and do not impact interchange between the cars.

·
13,809 Posts
My '63 SS convertible has the original seats and adjusters. Drivers side is curved to the rear, passenger side to the front.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts