Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
That would take a long look before making the jump. A few issues that jump out at me are the hi-gloss dash without a dash pad (almost a certainty on an SS), a dash bezel that looks like a corner was cut, a '64 trunk emblem, and other minor details. Doesn't mean the car isn't great, but if the owner cut these corners, are there any others? Again, if the body is solid without rust or if all the rust issues are repaired, it might be a candidate.

Tell you what, a '63 SS convertible with all the original trim in shiny black paint is a real eye-catcher. The trim really pops, and black is particularly striking on that car.

·
13,355 Posts
Agree with Ally's comments above. A correct 1963 trunk emblem is not hard to find. Same for 1963 SS wheel covers (this car has '67). The cowl tag would indicate if the car originally had an optional padded dash. If you're cutting corners, it's sometimes easier to rip off an old cracked pad and just paint the dash sheet metal. The gloss on this one indicates that might have happened. This car seems familiar to me. Carefully not shown, but I believe it has the front bucket seat emblems installed vertically instead of horizontally. Again, details, details. Another seller who has no clue how to advertise a vehicle. Twelve words to describe the car he wants you to buy for $28K!

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts