Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a post, which I can't find (could have been lost), that was about the idler arm bearing kit with good pics and info. What is the dimension that the bearing kit will work for? -was it 1 1/8"? Also, what is the installed fit of this kit? I feel like I'd prefer to have a bushing setup for a tighter assembly. Global West stopped doing the idler arm conversion a while ago and I don't think anyone else is doing anything similar. I did see one article (maybe in NovaTimes) probably 5 years ago mentioning a shop that built what sounded like a GW copy but that might have been a one time thing.

Has anyone seen a stock replacement bushing kit but in polyurethane? Every place I look it's either stock rubber or bearing.

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, C2O and a few others sell the bearing kit but GW offered a del-alum (delrin and aluminum) idler bushing service. I just wanted to know about the installed fit of the bearing kit and if it's limited to only GM arm dimensions (1" or 1.125"?). Also, if anyone has seen another high-perf bushing replacement. -such as urethane. I'd prefer a bushing setup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts