Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Searched with no definitive answer....what carpet are you using, no one lists an SS carpet to fit the floor hump. I called ACC Carpet today, and they acted like this is the first time they have heard that an SS has a hump. They do list 2 different part numbers for an automatic car, but even the girl on the phone said they were the same. I fear the the 4spd version would be too big and not fit correctly. ACC says try the 65 SS carpet which does show a slight hump, but not the correct shape.

Help!!!!

Jack

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It states that you have to cut the carpet for the hump, and the console will hide the cuts:rolleyes:

Hard to believe with all the SS cars out there that no one make an appropriate fitting carpet....4 Speed hump it is I guess.

Worst part is I bought and installed the current carpet, and cant for the life of me remember what I bought 15 years ago, or find the reciept, but it fits the damn hump.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can confirm that the ACC 3903 2dr auto carpet does not have a hump provision....that was a waste of $160.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
carpets

from my experience with carpet for the first generation super sport cars I have parted out a few back in the day. the 1963 had a bolt in floor stamping the last two 1964 super sport cars were both automatics and welded in floor stampings that were the same as the 1966 four speed hump. with that being said I cannot speak of the 1965 super sport automatic or four speed. GM must have decided to make single stamping for the 1964 model both four speed and the floor shifted automatic in which they could use on carpet for super sport or a four speed non super sport. I have the best luck with the ACC carpets as fitting the four speed hump. I would think about talking to a professional upholstery shop and see if they make the auto carpet work in your situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts