Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one show me a picture what the carb linkage looks like for a stock carb.I also have a thin rod or linkage, that is about 10" to 12" long with hooks going oppsite directions where does this go ?

thanks in advance for any and all answers

Todd:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here is a pix on mine. Not to close but all I have.

You can see the rod at the top from the accelerator pedal. The rod at the bottom goes to the powerglide kick down.

HTH Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks that helps some,wish I could get more of a close-up of the linkage from the carb to the pivot on the intake.My car is a 6 cyl.with a 3 speed.Istill have no idea where the 11"-12" rod with hooks going the oppsite directions goes. thanks
Todd

·
Registered
35 Posts
two to many
Sorry I don't have any more pix. The engine is out of the car now otherwise I'd take one for you. Can't imagine what the extra rod would be.
CUL Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Ihave the the carb linkage figured out,but Im still confused on the 10-12" rod with hooks.Is it possible that this rod could be part of the clutch return spring assm.??Its not a heavy rod just real thin with hooks on each end.

Thanks

Todd

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of the BV on my '67 3-speed manual. There are good diagrams in the shop manual, which I can scan and email to you if you want.

Cheers, Tim

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
I think Ihave the the carb linkage figured out,but Im still confused on the 10-12" rod with hooks.Is it possible that this rod could be part of the clutch return spring assm.??Its not a heavy rod just real thin with hooks on each end.

Thanks

Todd
The rod with "hooks" you speak of is the choke linkage as in Inovative 63's above pics ^^^
:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess That I have to get my nephew to help me figure out how to get the picture on this site.The picture is of the rod that is 12" long with hooks on each end,one hook goes vertical and on the other end it goes horizontal.Not sure where this rod goes.this and the clutch return spring are the two things left to hook up and then should be ready to fire up again.Any ideas?? I will try to get a picture up soon.
thanks

Todd

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If that rod your talking about has a small curve to it.It sounds like it may very well be your clutch linkage rod,That goes from the Zbar to the clutch pedal. Each hook as you sat should have a small in it. That is where the clip goes to hold it in place.But the more i think about that One end has a Hole in it and that end is for the Z bar if i remember right.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The rod is perfectly straight,with hooks on each end the dia is about the same as a clothes hanger.This is on a 63 with a 6 cylinder 3 speed.

thanks

Todd

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
The sooner you get photo's the sooner you'll get answers...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts