Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a new windshield for my topless mistress for a very reasonable price delivered locally. However the shop did not stock the gasket. I have done the research on SNS and I am convinced I want to go with a top brand name like Steele to avoid leaks as well as have it installed by a pro. However, Steele does not list a vert as one of the models they carry a gasket for. I read on SNS someplace the vert gasket may be different. Before I call Steele and get a salesman who might innocently steer me wrong,:( I want to check.

Question for the 62 - 63 vert guys. Will a Steele 62 - 65 two door ht windshield gasket work in my 62 vert? If not, what are my options?

Hopefully I will have the original glass out and ready for a new home soon. It is in great shape except for the idiot wiper blade scratches. Not bad per the finger nail test, but I understand it takes a lot of time and patience to polish these out, both of which I am short on. Any opinion on the buffing route.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
hardtop and convertible glass and gasket are the same.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rich. :thumbsup: I thought as much just from what i could see from pics and assembly manual, but would rather error on the side of caution and ask first.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
I just had the front and back glass put in my '62. I am in Lee's Summit and can recommend an installer if you are looking.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer. I have got one lined up that I feel I can trust will not molest my topless mistress when my back is turned. He is good but with that comes busy. Earliest he can get me in is 6/22. Who is your guy just in case mine gets bogged down?

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Sante Fe Auto Glass. I went to the Lee's Summit location but they are in several other KC locations. They did a good job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts