Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Those look like they might be out of a Corvair or a Tempest by the seat covers. They are the same seats pretty much but the mounting brackets might be alittle different?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Also, I've been told the 65 seats are unique in that they have a slightly narrow width to clear the wider console.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
looks like they fold straight forward which technically means they'd be from a '65. I agree that is not Nova upholstery.

Frank
They are from a Corvair. '64-'65.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Chrome inner trim...not Nova, Corvair brackets sit differently

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have been down the Corvair bucket seat road before...it doesnt lead to Novaville lets just say.

I spent a lot of money trying to get them to work and I ended up buying real Nova buckets anyway. Tracks are different, the frames are different and it takes modification to get new covers to work.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I have been down the Corvair bucket seat road before...it doesnt lead to Novaville lets just say.

I spent a lot of money trying to get them to work and I ended up buying real Nova buckets anyway. Tracks are different, the frames are different and it takes modification to get new covers to work.
THAT'S A HEADACHE NOBODY NEEDS,:turn: EVEN THOUGH THOSE LOOK DECENT FOR A DRIVER :yes:

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts

:confused:

I put Nova seat tracks on mine, and found a correct Nova center floor brace, and they bolted right in.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I bought the right tracks and floor bracket and it all bolted right up and I thought I was set.

But then I took them to my seat guy who has been doing it for ever to have new original covers put on. The original Nova seats have a horseshoe shape upturn in the console side of the seat frames which is also in the new covers. The Corvair seat frame is straight on the bottom. So he was going to have to cut it apart and sew in a piece to cover that part of the frame to make the Corvair frames work. :mad: Also they fold straight forward instead in of towards the center which is correct if you are into that.

Right when this was all going on I went to a swap meet and just happened to find a set of 63 Nova buckets for $200...they were even the same color, so I figured it was a sign to get them and do it right.

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
these could be Buick Skylark or Olds F85 , these cars had chrome inner trim pieces :yes:
schwabie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts