Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
62 suspension ??

im a noob and recently picked up a 62 nova that is pretty much completely stock underneath...
im looking for some upgrades and looking for a little input.. ive researched the forum and read quite a bit,,,, this site has been very informative

i live near cpp and went by their shop today and have tentatively decided on their mini sub frame kit ( not sure wether deluxe, or the other)
front sway bars
& front disc brakes w/2" drop spindle//

does this sound like a good starting point
any/all direction appreciated....
thanks

·
6,404 Posts
A very good choice to improve the cars manners and braking. If you are thinking of upgrading the steering and or changing to engine to something other then a 6 or early generation V8, then you might want the Church Boys kit. It offers the option of adding rack and pinion(now or later). With the rack and pinion setup you have more options for engines because the steering link/oil pan limitations are gone. Both CPP and Church Boys are "good bang for the buck options". There are many threads on these and other kits if you use the search option near the top of any page. One more thing, the 62 cars have some unique, 1 year only, steering parts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am in the same boat. My 62 wagon needs pretty much everything new upfront. I am using right stuff brake conversion and the inner parts from my old 66 front end. The frame member needs to be cut a little for the idler arm.
I looked into the Church kit, but couldnt find prices on their website. If I don't go with the CPP deluxe kit, where is the best place to get ball joints, springs etc..? I have 15x7 rallys w/215-60 tires, hopefully they will fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts