Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure what the interior should look like. I am not dead set with original. I have a new bright red headliner. Seats are red & black high back. No backseats, It has a black panel with chevy emblem. It has a wooden console. I need some help, please. :D:D

·
13,718 Posts
The interior above is what an original '62 convertible looks like. You didn't mention what model of '62 you have, so differences are possible. It's good you're not dead set on original, because '62 interiors are not reproduced. You can have them custom made, but they're very expensive. Many '62 owners opt for reproduction '63 or '64. Completely different look, but they fit and you can get red.

Bob

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry- I have a 2dr hardtop, I think. It has no dr post. Would my car tag have any info? :D Will try to get pictures of my car. Thanks

·
13,718 Posts
The 1962 2 door hardtop had the same interior design as the convertible pictured above. Your car may or may not have had bucket seats. Get the Trim and Paint codes off your cowl tag then check them at the link below.

https://novaresource.org/c62.htm

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,844 Posts
Winch, beautiful interior, again. One year only and hard to reproduce, but possible.

Since nobody is doing the color coded 400 series floor mats/carpet combo, you'd likely go carpet for that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
62 interior

:confused: Thank you Bob for the info. I have a few questions about my tag. Tag says KC for plant made, on Accessories it says 1B. Not sure what the 1 means, B is for air conditioner. My car came out with Fawn Bench seat, paint- Adobe Beige/Autumn Gold. Do have any ideas on what my plant where is was built & what the 1 means? :confused:

·
13,718 Posts
Kevin, the KC stands for Kansas City, which is the plant where the car was built. As for the 1B, it could stand for a number of different options depending on the plant. Many of the '62 codes have not been de-coded. Does your car have a/c? My info indicates 1B was powerglide automatic. Kansas City may have been different.

If you look at your interior door panel, it's exactly the same as the '62 convertible panel shown earlier in this thread, but it's been dyed red/black.

Bob

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
62 interior

It does not. But isn't the ac unit just a small unit under the dash? Extra holes in firewall have been filled so I can't look at it to tell if it's been taken out. Do you think it needs a console???

·
13,718 Posts
It does not. But isn't the ac unit just a small unit under the dash? Extra holes in firewall have been filled so I can't look at it to tell if it's been taken out. Do you think it needs a console???
Only 7125 Chevy IIs out of 326,000 built in 1962 had factory a/c. It's unlikely your car had it, but it's remotely possible. Was your car a factory PG?

Bucket seats were a factory option for hardtops and convertibles in 1962, but there was no console. The bucket seats in your car are obviously not factory and may have replaced a bench seat. Are you leaving them in?

Bob

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have a 62 2 door sedan in Autumn Gold/Fawn interior. It's a 100 series with the only option being tinted windshield. Didn't even come with an outside rear view mirror or reverse lights:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
62 interior

I will probably leave them in. I am glad you have pictures of what my interior should look like. Not sure I would like it in red and black according to your pictures. Not sure what I'm going to do. Need to decide !!!:yes::yes:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
62 interior

Novaken- Are those floormats full or are they smaller? :yes: :yes Do they have any writing or logos on them? What do want for them?? :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Novaken- Are those floormats full or are they smaller? :yes: :yes Do they have any writing or logos on them? What do want for them?? :D
They are NOS left and right front halves with holes for accelerator and dimmer. The center hump was carpeted and not included. They would cover everything except the center. No logos.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts