Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new guy here.

So I'm learning what I can about the 62's. It seems some front suspension parts are 62 only. And don't look to be as readily available.

What's the best way to repair(sloppy steering) the front end on a budget?

Also, how does one know if they have 1st or 2nd design tie rod ends?

What parts are 62 only and why?

I know I'm asking alot, but I needs help!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Yup 62 has one year only Idler arm, and the centerlink has a stud on the end that is a wear item (spring,ball cups,cap ) the Tie rods came in 1st design and second design, the short one went outside then the shorts went inside as well as one set had straight long tie rods other were offset, So first post a picture of what you have then I know I have some NOS GM 62 front end parts that will help correct some of your problems with your front end if you want to stay stock , Pm me for more info Joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Steering

I'm sorry to butt in,but i have everything to convert your 62 steering to 63 and up,including a bearing kit installed on the idler,a rebuilt 62 steering box,all with new ball joints,plus powder coated lower a arms with new ball joints.i insalled all this,blu a head gasket on the 194,then pulled all of it,now installing the church boys power rack and late model v8.let me know if you want parts,then we can haggle.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Now thats a good deal for you !!!:yes::yes:
consider that an UPgrade for the 62 set up !!:yes:
I recomend that conversion > JM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts