Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking through my library and came across this in the October 1961 Chevrolet Service News. I'm restoring a 62 100 sedan and looking for the correct interior color of Fawn. The whole booklet is full of great info and is the issue where the new for 62 Chevy II is introduced and described in great detail. These news letters came out each month and listed problems, solutions, shop manual corrections and so on. Worth having in my opinion.
20210111_181944.jpg 20210111_182117.jpg

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is this very issue for sale.

·
13,994 Posts
Hey Buc, that's great info, especially the '62 paint codes. Thanks for posting.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
4,018 Posts
Yes, thanks for that, I don't know if I've ever seen the codes for the interior. I wonder now if a paint supplier could mix the requested color from the chart based on the codes. I don't know the automotive paint business, but I've been told that the pigments used to mix colors 60 years ago are not the same as they are now, and the paint itself is nowhere near what it was at that time. Anyone know if a company can mix a color to an old Ditzler or DuPont code?

·
Vendor
1,835 Posts
When my family still had the shop (~15 years ago) we had places that could recreate the old codes and color. Going just off the codes transferred into new materials would often not match perfectly. They would then eyeball correct it to match (alter the mix). We would give the customer the mix data so they could get touch up paint.

There were also places that still had the old paint "in the back room". We had a decent supply ourselves.

·
13,994 Posts
Interesting that this list even has the rare Anniversary Gold (927) shown. Many lists of '62 colors for Chevy II don't show this.

Bob

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Here is this very issue for sale.

Sold! I'm collecting 62 info to go with my 62. This will fit nicely next to the original Shop Manual

1 - 8 of 8 Posts