Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a idler arm with the rest of the front steering for a 63....not knowing that the 62 idler arm is diferant. what are you guys using as an upgrade for the 62. or am i stuck with the stock style junk one. any help would be great. thanks, Josh

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If you are still using the stock front end and would like a nice 1962 idler arm,Call Novajoe!

The 62 arm drops down and the 63-67 is inset into the subframe a lil bit.

If you want to upgrade to a 63-67 design,you will need to modify your pass inner fender skirt to except a 63-67 arm

You can make something work.by cutting a hole in the subframe like the 63-67's have.
OR:

Replace the inner fenders to a 63-64.

You will need to change all the front end components to a 63-65 type such as:
idler arm
pitman arm
center link
inner and outer tie rod ends.
hood hinges.

Do yourself a favor:

Go with a churchboys or CPP kit!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are still using the stock front end and would like a nice 1962 idler arm,Call Novajoe!

The 62 arm drops down and the 63-67 is inset into the subframe a lil bit.

If you want to upgrade to a 63-67 design,you will need to modify your pass inner fender skirt to except a 63-67 arm

You can make something work.by cutting a hole in the subframe like the 63-67's have.
OR:

Replace the inner fenders to a 63-64.

You will need to change all the front end components to a 63-65 type such as:
idler arm
pitman arm
center link
inner and outer tie rod ends.
hood hinges.

Do yourself a favor:

Go with a churchboys or CPP kit!
i realize the problem that i have that is why im asking if there is an after market one or something some else has done to get around using the stock one. and going to a cpp kit will not help unless i go to front steer on the car. (which will be done down the road) but for now im tying to get the car going and driving for the wife so she can have a little fun it. everything i the front end now is out of a 63 ss car. i used spacers to get the 63 arm to work( just to roll the car around) and i know its not permanent. just was hoping there was something out there that made it easier. i will be fabing my own front suspesion probably this winter for it so it realy isnt that big of a deal to make something work. i will see what i can do to make something work if im out of options at this point and time. thanks again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 62 as well, I am swapping the suspension parts from my 66. I was told you can cut the rail with a hole saw to make it fit. I am replacing everything too as I can barely drive it. Either going with the Church setup or CPP deluxe kit as its more complete for the $$.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts