Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Nobody reproduces the assembly, Not yet at least. You either have to find nice OEM assemblies or restore the ones you have. Yours don't look too great. It's hard to find them with no rust but you can usually find them better than what you have.

I'm doing mine right now on my '64. When I get home tomorrow I'll post some pics. I am replacing/restoring the following parts:
  • Reproduction Vent Window Frames
  • Reproduction Vent Window Glass
  • Reproduction Vent Window Glass Rubber Seals
  • NOS Vent Window Handles
  • Reproduction Rubber Frame Seals
  • Reproduction Side Glass Channels
  • Re-chromed A-pillar die cast pieces
  • Reproduction A-pillar top rubber seals & rivets
  • Cleaned-up & painted OEM assemblies
  • Re-polished stainless trim (4 pcs)
  • Reproduction rivets for re-assembly
I am also replacing the rest of the side glass and replacing/restoring all the frames, etc.

It looks like a lot of work but it's not that bad. Plus it's usually one of those jobs you only need to do every 50-60 years or so.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Here's my status. The glass is installed in the new reproduction frames. The A-pillar moldings are nice with new chrome and replacement rubber edge seals riveted in place. The 4 stainless garnishes that snap onto the assemblies are re-polished. All-new seals and window tracks.

Wood Tool Art Font Triangle

Here are the OEM assemblies all cleaned up ready to paint. Once the paint is dry I can reassemble everything.

Rectangle Wood Font Parallel Triangle

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
I always suspected the '62 vent window assemblies might be slightly different than '63-'65. Several of the '62 parts are one year only.

I don't know though. I've owned at least one Nova from every year 1st and 2nd gen except 1962.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts