Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have started to get the 62 year one education. Some parts are rare like the door trim and grille. I have have both on the car, but.. If I cannot replace them then I need to restore what I have. Does anyone know of someone who does this work with acceptable (read excellent) results?

Also, Classic Industries lists a 62 grille, but while attempting to place the order I was told it was 'back ordered' for 6 months. Huh, you want my money for how long? I spoke with H&H Classics in Bentonville and was told the company who was going to make these grilles was only speculating and had yet to fill an order after 12 months. Who is right; ready in 5 months or don't hold your breath?:confused:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CARtoon,

First, good looking car. Second, thanks for the lead. :) G&L appears to know what they are doing and would most likely make me a happy camper. I have already sent them a message. Thanks agan.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input! The catalog lulled me into a false sense of control. Apparently all part of the year one experience. But with George apparently all is not lost. Glad to see so many recommend his services. I no doubt will soon be one of them.:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I take it you are George. I already sent you a private message via your web site. I am impressed with the number of members who are impressed with your work. I want to make mine number three. We can talk more off line. Thanks for doing what you are doing!!! :yes::yes: Looking forward to the experience. :bounce: Ron

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
George is doing a NOS 62 grill for my 62 wagon right now & has done lots of work for me . He dose Awesome work :yes::yes:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spoke with George. I think I will be very pleased with his work. :yes: My biggest issue now is all of the other SNS members that are in front of me. (George, do you take bribes?) I have decided to buy a repo 63 grille to serve as a surrogate / fill-in for the time. Only the real nova guys will notice the difference and they should take pity on me at the shows this summer. So when George finishes with mine, someone looking for a 63 repo grille may get a good deal. Now to build that shipping crate...will 3/4" plate steel hold the weight of a UPS gorilla???:D Just kidding.

Thanks to everyone for the input and pointing me to George. I appreciate the help!!

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
George did my 62' Grille also, came out great and he did an amazing job...I couldn't believe how good he got it. By the way, I talked to Classic Industries well over a year and a half ago and they told me they were taking names to be put on a waiting list but again that was a year and a half ago and I still haven't heard anything yet so I wouldn't hold my breath on the repos.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The classsic salesperson was going to happily take my money for a back order, but in fairness after some questions did say it was 5 - 6 months before it would be available. I doubt he knew the real situation looking at a computer screen and I was thankfully not that :sleep: niave. H&H was straight up :eek: and had it flagged in thier system for what it was. All things happen for a reason and I now have the best solution in George:). All of my trim appears original to the car and I hopefully can keep it that way, but in much better condition thanks to SNS and George.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does George just fix the grills or can he fix side chrome too? I have a 65' 4-door sedan, and the trim is very dented up and dull. Let me know, thanks, :)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does George just fix the grills or can he fix side chrome too? I have a 65' 4-door sedan, and the trim is very dented up and dull. Let me know, thanks, :)
I believe he does. I was planning to send him my door trim this winter as I refurb my doors. I have my 62' grille to him now and cannot wait to see his handywork. He comes highly recommended :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You can call and talk with him about your specific needs. He is a real pleasure to speak to and very knowledgable about Nova trim. I understand he is branching out to other makes and models as his reputation spreads.

Best of luck!! Post some before and after pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts