Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. By the way I like your "Death by Photography" series. I'm still waiting to weld in the drivers side pan on my convertible. Then its off the passenger side. quarter cut and replace, lower fender repair, etc....... Aint it fun?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Thanks. By the way I like your "Death by Photography" series. I'm still waiting to weld in the drivers side pan on my convertible. Then its off the passenger side. quarter cut and replace, lower fender repair, etc....... Aint it fun?:rolleyes:
Glad it helped! I'm down to fun stuff like the transmission shifter and the gas pedal. Soon, the wiring harness...:devil:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I think I bought my pins right off the floor display at napa, must be a common size. I used oilite bushings instead of the plastic bushings. It was all pretty simple. NOW!! The ball buster for me was, (and still is) is the door alignment. Man!! I have tried every combo with the upper and lower hinges and cant get it right. If Im good for the door to quarter gap Im way off for a parallel gap at the bottom at the rocker. And at this point Im just looking for a parallel gap at both sides, Ill tackle a new road when I mount the front fenders but they are a lil more forgiving. And I could swear they were looking ok before I removed the door. ERRR!!! So Ive spent days moving the doors around. And I read all the posts about re-aligning the doors. Im just chasing my tail at this point. Kinda wish I would have left the hinges alone at this point. JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts