Chevy Nova Forum banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Thanks!
Finally satisfied with the lines and shapes. It will still need more sanding to get it smooth enough for paint... I also sealed the drip rails.... put on a coat of epoxy primer and left the garage happy! :giggle:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Did a part to try the next step....hand sanding 320 grit soft pad and then white primer. This was just a 20 minute job.... next time I'll try to do the rest of the body.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
The dent in the roof (yellow circle) created a crease (red line). In order to get the metal back to it's original shape I had to push the dent (low spot) up from the inside using the dolly. While doing that I used the hammer to tap down the crease (high spot). I got it to where the low spot was minimal .... less then half a millimeter as you can see by the light shining under the putty knife. Applied some body filler, next time I'll sand it down and reapply primer. Only took me half an hour so that's not too bad.😃

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
The grey spot in the first pics is what is left of the filler after sanding (from the dent I repaired wednesday). I also sanded the left rear quarter, trunk area en back light and sprayed some primer.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Complete body now sanded with 320 grit and covered in white primer. Next is go around and fix spots that are not smooth.

Happy with the result sofar. :cool:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Made a quick trip to the garage just before midnight to take of the masking tape and covers to see how it looks now :p

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Rolled it outside to some cleaning.... so much dust on the floor! The white primer is much brighter in daylight so it gave me a better idea how it will look finished in white paint :cool: . Downside seeing it in daylight I discovered more areas that needed more work.... so it feels like a few steps forward and a few steps back. I also sealed the drip rails on the A-pillar and started sanding again and reapplying filler. This paint preparation process does take a lot of time! :oops:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Small vacation and redoing the bathroom at home later.... finally back on the Nova again! Today I tried my first bit of painting the body. Started with the window openings, drip rails, trunk opening and cowl area. Some runs, need to sand those down and respray.... but overall I think it will be nice enough.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Resprayed the roof... and when removing the making tape I found out the paint supplier sent me the wrong color. :(

So again sanding....the supplier sent me new paint, the correct one this time and today I finally painted the roof again...turned out good this time. Its not perfect and has some flaws.... definitely not laser straight but it's a driver not a show car. I am happy with the result! :cool: not bad for a spray can job....
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle door

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Car

Hand Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Drink

Property White Light Window Textile

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Body is painted! I am not completely satisfied with the drivers quarter panel....so I might redo that.
(needs some more filling and sanding)

Overall happy and a big milestone reached :cool:
Hood Car Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Truck Automotive tire

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Worked on the trunk, making a box/false floor for the amplifiers. I bought a new radio, windlace, amplifiers, cable, connectors and vinyl. I covered the package tray with foam and then vinyl, late in the evening trip to the garage to mount it including the speakers.
Eyewear Automotive design Gadget Audio equipment Computer hardware

Hood Automotive tire Trunk Vehicle Wood

Shipping box Wood Rectangle Automotive exterior Packing materials

Wood Tool Measuring instrument Font Audio equipment
Wood Audio equipment Circle Gas Composite material

Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Hat Helmet Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Finished the box for the amps.... rest of the box will be covered with carpet too once the rest of the trunk is finished.

I made a start with the trunk panels, glued some wood to the inside of the rear quarters and also screwed some to the trunk floor for the panels to attach to. Made cardboard templates since it's easy to work with and cheap.... Once satisfied I will trace them onto MDF and cut them out.
Light Wood Rectangle Netbook Flooring

Netbook Bumper Gadget Personal computer Laptop

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Bumper

Hood Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Trunk Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Trunk

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Vehicle Vehicle door

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Thanks! :)

Made all the panels, they are held in place with furniture magnets.
I need to install some more magnets and then I can start covering them with carpet.

Motor vehicle Wood Shipping box Automotive design Vehicle

Couch Shipping box Automotive design Motor vehicle Trunk

Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Car

121 - 140 of 141 Posts