Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
62 chevy II Nova 4 door project Update Dec 10th 2017

I posted the Nova in the project forums, but any comments are welcome!

The Nova project has started!
www.pro-touring.nl

(page 2)

also finally an update on the Camaro with lots of drag race movies (in the Netherlands!) this time.
www.pro-touring.nl

(page 47)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Looks like you got your work cut out for you. I like how they did the cowl tags over there. By the way your car isn't missing it's sway bar only station wagons and v8 cars would have came with one. Dd

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome to SNS!!!! i knew ur name looked familiar, u've been on PT since they started, i remember ur car, mainly cause i had a buddy doin a 2nd gen Maro also. cool build u got goin there.....

JOHN

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DD, thanks for the info! I still will put one on if I can get it since it will benefit the handling.

John, thanks! Indeed I've been around at PT.com for about 9 years....that site has cost me loads of money :D

I hope I can do the Nova a bit cheaper :rolleyes:
(but I've allready seen too much nice stuff on this site :cool:)

Martin

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, progress on the Nova project is slow....
I have bought some door hinge repair kits so I can start on that and I decided what direction to go for now.

I will keep the 194 I6 and have bought a T5 transmission out of a 86ish firebird, I also got one from a 85 camaro which has the correct bellhousing.
Ít will be a mix and match deal and I just have to take out the motor and see how it all will go together.

at least it will be a lot more fun than the powerglide :)

the T5 has a steep 1st gear and an overdrive, so quick "launches" and smooth highway cruising is what I hopefully will get.

This will be a budget build (what I think now) but it must end as a reliable car for daily use.

As soon as I can actually work on it in the garage I will make an update on my page again.

I now first have some work on the Camaro, have to get it ready for a 2 day show with around 50.000 visitors for which I was invited.:cool:

Martin
www.pro-touring.nl

·
Registered
583 Posts
This is a cool project. I wouldnt mind doing a 4 door like this one. I like the original 194 with a T5 should be a fun combo ansd get decent gas milage. But ill say it still wont beat a BBC or a LS:D:yes:

·
Registered
351 Posts
keep up the good work... Im also doing a 4 door and once donw with the suspension will be hitting up your page for interior ideas

·
Registered
447 Posts
Looks like you got your work cut out for you. I like how they did the cowl tags over there. By the way your car isn't missing it's sway bar only station wagons and v8 cars would have came with one. Dd
my yellow car is a 64 2 dr hrdtp original glide/6 it came with a swaybar, maybe an option?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, I do want one I know.....still busey now cleaning parts, I am looking for parts for a front disk brake conversion, keeping it 4 bolt!

since parts are expensive to ship I think I have a cheaper solution with parts I can get locally... some modern cars have a 4x114.3 boltcircle, if I can get disks that will fit the 4 bolt hubs...(remove the drum parts) and make a bracket for the calipers I should get it to work and will not have to modify the rear axle bolt pattern.

Martin

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got stuck looking at your Camaro... that was my favorite year Camaro.

Nice

·
Registered
69 Posts
well, I do want one I know.....still busey now cleaning parts, I am looking for parts for a front disk brake conversion, keeping it 4 bolt!

since parts are expensive to ship I think I have a cheaper solution with parts I can get locally... some modern cars have a 4x114.3 boltcircle, if I can get disks that will fit the 4 bolt hubs...(remove the drum parts) and make a bracket for the calipers I should get it to work and will not have to modify the rear axle bolt pattern.

Martin
please keep us posted on this, i would be interested to know what you find

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did some measuring and research this weekend actually....

the boltcircle 4x4,5" which equals 4x114.3mm and the hub diameter is 67,1mm.

this is exactly the same as some Mitsubishi, Kia, Hyundai and the Volvo S40/V40.

Discs are easy to find but I will try to get a complete system with calipers and maybe even the booster/master and combo valve.

I have good experience with Mitsubishi cars so I guess I will be searching the junkyard for parts soon :cool:

When I looked at my front drums I saw the drums are rivited??? to the hub, is that correct or are they bolted from the inside? (does anybody have pics or know a thread with pics??? I tried the search but didn't find it)

Martin

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks! progress is slow since I still have work on the Camaro to improve/maintain it and sometimes life gets in the way:rolleyes:

but, the days are getting longer so maybe I can get some wrench time again :yes:

John, I had already seen your Nova project thread and I like what you did to it, looks good!

Martin

1 - 20 of 101 Posts