Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
As Ally said back in the day you could buy performance engines at participating Chevy dealers. Eddie Hopper Chevrolet in Garden Grove was such a dealer and the one closest to my house. They typically had a 365/375 long block on the floor of the parts dept. I could not afford one as an 18 year old so I can't exactly remember the price but I'm thinking it was less than $600.
Anyway, about the car in question, the seller seems to think the slapper bars and battery box (plastic) in the trunk prove some sort of authenticity. Ironically, neither existed at that time.

·
12,925 Posts
Right on! The articles from 1962 on Bill Thomas' 327/360 HP FI conversion clearly show the battery resting in it's usual spot in the engine compartment.

Bob

·
Vendor
1,313 Posts
I do not use Facebook either, so my be missing content, but are those 4 pics all the guy posted of the car?

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
Who cares?? Car looks like a regurged shitbox,,,maybe good for parts?
IF they posted the engine pics you could determine what the engine MIGHT have come from. Otherwise, you are correct that it might just be a parts car, and the engine has more value back in a C1 Corvette.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts