Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm into the second restoration of my 62'. The car was purchased new in 62' by my father and it has been in the family ever since. I'm at the front end of my second restoration on this car. Cars, trucks, etc have come and gone, but I have always held on to the Chevy II.

Looking forward to sharing the experience.

Rob

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Tell us more about your plans for your beloved family heirloom, and post pictures. We love pictures.

Gerry

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,933 Posts
.... :welcome: .... to SNS

glad to have you join in -- with a very 'cool Nova' too.

I can relate : I still have my Dad's old truck , traded out my oldest brother for it, back in the mid - 70's. Tommy & I were working in th' same body-shop together , he bought the truck - we repainted it & got it fixed for Dad to drive. After he passed , Mom gave it back to Tommy.
It was in 'sad - shape' when I traded for it --- about 43 years ago.
Now, the way older trucks are coming around, it may be time to Fix-it again : 53 International 1/2 t , with all Chevy running - gear
(and, another complete 53 IH , with all IH gear for body parts).

again, Welcome to STEVE's

·
Registered
771 Posts
very cool, you have what we all dream about, wouldn't it of been nice if dad bought a new nova and still had it, I love those stories, I have my Dads 1982 ford truck, its a neat truck, both my kids drove it when they turned 16, I hope to pass it on one of my grand kids

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! :horse: Pics?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, the only picture I have of the restored vehicle is a picture of a picture. The car was originally all Autumn Gold with Fawn interior, but I went two tone with red interior, given that the interior was unsalvageable. I also added the SS hubcaps, because I liked the look. Thanks for interest in pics. Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My restoration plans are to convert to manual tranny (Super T10) with, perhaps, a 350/357 Chevrolet crate engine and Hurst shifter (need to check hood clearance with this engine). I know some people think I should maintain as much originality as possible, but I would rather make the vehicle more interesting to drive. The car was purchased new in April of 62', I was born in May of 62'. After my birth, on the way home from the hospital, my parents took a long drive to Crystal Lake in California with their new son resting in between the bucket seats in their new car. Rob

·
Registered
226 Posts
Autumn Gold with the red looks nice, certainly more interesting than just fawn. Good call.
I think your '62 looks excellent! Congrats for holding onto a true family heirloom.

I can relate, as my late aunt bought a '67 Chevelle new. When she passed in '85 I bought it from her estate and still have it. Stock, right down to the 250, Powerglide, points ignition & skinny whitewalls. My cousin is in her 70s and always asks if "I still have mom's car". I know it pleases her to tell her that I still have it and have kept it original.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts