Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there a back up light delete on some 62 to 65 Novas ?? I have a tail light assembly that was in my 62 I just bought and one of them has a rubber plug insert in the backup socket where the bulb goes .

Thanks,

Tony

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
gimme a second to confirm... my '63 is back up light delete, lemme see if there are plugs and if so what they're made of...

be right back...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here ya go, looks like the same style plug as what's used in other areas of our ChevyIIs...

Yes , thats it . Says DOT on the plug . Now , I'm not sure if they are the original tail light assemblies , but , would it be correct for a 62 ?

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Yes , thats it . Says DOT on the plug . Now , I'm not sure if they are the original tail light assemblies , but , would it be correct for a 62 ?

Thanks,

Tony
Hi Tony. Not sure what you are trying to confirm? Prolly if what you have is a factory option right? The 63s and 62s did mirror each other a lot so that may be an option from the factory.

What I would ask the folks in the know (Flyer) is where he got the info that it was a factory delete from the factory for his 63 then try to find the similar paperwork for your car to see if it has the same code? Dunno, just thinking.

Oh. Here is my backup light delete. :no: Kidding, just some red lenses... JR

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi Tony. Not sure what you are trying to confirm? Prolly if what you have is a factory option right? The 63s and 62s did mirror each other a lot so that may be an option from the factory.

What I would ask the folks in the know (Flyer) is where he got the info that it was a factory delete from the factory for his 63 then try to find the similar paperwork for your car to see if it has the same code? Dunno, just thinking.

Oh. Here is my backup light delete. :no: Kidding, just some red lenses... JR

JR ,

I was just curious about the delete since I found the plug in the assembly and was seeing if I was correct in my thinking , :D . I would like to have the delete so I will not have the hassle of installing a back up to a 4 speed , unless its an easy fix to do so .

Also , that is a kick*** picture of your car .

Thanks to all ,

Tony

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
IN 1962-63 the low base line models 100-300 series came without back up

lights unless ordered or added at the dealer under LAMP-ZO1 option #985500

Under 1963 custom features, Part of comfort and convenience package .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts