1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
62 Acadian Beaumont

I asked this seller if he had GM of Canada documentation because I wanted to know what the original options were. He did not seem to have a clue what I was talking about. His answer was something like, "I have no such thing".
I considered bidding only because this is the first original interior I've seen all intact, except the steering wheel. Could someone post an original instrument cluster for the 62 Acadian. This one has an SS style cluster with all the guages. I saw another with a cluster that was identical to the 62 Chevy II Nova. Is the 62 Acadian cluster like the 63 Acadian or is it the same as the 62 Nova?

Does a 62-63 Acadian Beaumont have the same deluxe steering wheel as a 62-63 Chevy II Nova, with the four small chrome rings. Some of these are two tone but it does not appear all of them are.

·
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got to $4250 on 5 bids, but didn't make the reserve.

Good eye on that Nova SS instrument cluster, fore-speed. I never even noticed it. Man, I wish had some pictures of my 62 Beaumont convertible owned from 1967-69. Because it was only 5 years old when we got it, there was nothing exceptional about it. We bought it for my wife, then had to sell it 2 years later because we needed money for a house down payment. It was Nassau Blue w/white top. PG on the column and bucket seats which were an option on the convertible. Of course, there was no console in 62, same as the Nova. Sorry, I can't remember what the instrument cluster or the steering wheel looked like.
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
From what I know, no gauges in Acadians that aren't SD cars. My 65 SD has a cluster with gauges that have dots instead of lines on the gauges (i.e. dots on the oil gauge at 15, 30, 45 and 60 lbs) whereas the Novas have a solid line like the one in the pic. Also, the Acadian clock is much smaller diameter, likely under 2", closer to 1 1/2" maybe.

Carl

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
fore-speed, GM of Canada did not keep track of the options back than. I bought a 63 Nova Wagon that is Canadian made and my motor vehicles made me get the paper work from GM of Canada for a title. The only thing they give you is the color codes, engine, dealer. There might be a couple of other items. I did ask about the options when I called for the paper work. They said they did not keep track of that. I forget what year he said they started keeping records. It might have been 1968. I am still trying to figure out things on my wagon. Like are the hubcaps right. What did the floor mats look like.

novamaniac

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Canadian built Nova's and Acadian's

So far, my Canadian built 62 Nova convertible is identical to the U.S. cars. It does have a decal on the firewall advising the car is equipped for cold weather and you should contact the parts dept prior to replacing parts.
Where the 63 Acadian has many more differences then I realized. It is not just the grille and taillights as many people think. I find it very interesting.

Still looking for a picture of a 62 Acadian instrument cluster.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
I wonder if your ID tag is like mine. Mine is way different from the American made Nova's. My wagon also has a block heater. I am not sure if that is a option or a aftermarket add on. Also, The serial number is way different. Maybe I can compare mine with your's fore-speed. I did post the number on here at one time. No one else here had a car old enough to compare.

novamaniac

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Canadian built Nova's and Acadian's

Canadian built Novas have GM of Canada on the door vin tag. No mention of Chev. Motor Div. Vin#'s did not need a plant location character in the vin, only one assy. plant in Canada. I believe the sequence # in 62 was one digit shorter, they just did not have capacity to build 100k units in one year.
My 62 vin is 246714148, 2 is year, 467 is 400 model conv. 6 cyl, 14148 is the sequenial build number. They may have started at 10,000 because the total build for 2467 is 1,451.

My block heater was factory or dealer installed, car was sold new in Edmonton. The decal is GM or dealer item, not aftermarket.

I don't have the car here right now but I recall the cowl tag is plain with no indication of manufacturer. Style is 467 Body number is ????? TRim is 722
Paint is ?? and the 4th line is 6A 12H CSL 460 I would need to look at the car to verify some of this info.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
By 1965 they have the option list for the Acadians. I have the one for mine. They send you a copy of an entire microfiche page which has about 25 VIN's on it listing the options for all of them. They highlight your VIN on the page. This page includes build date, shipping date, options, dealer code of the dealer who ordered it.

Carl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts