Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are all the wiper motors and pivot assy within these years interchangeable. for instance a wiper motor from a 66 nova will it work on a 64 nova.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
64dodge540 said:
are all the wiper motors and pivot assy within these years interchangeable. for instance a wiper motor from a 66 nova will it work on a 64 nova.
They are all physically interchangeable......But, there is a difference in speeds and washer/wiper to take into consideration.

Most from 1st gens you'll find are single speed, no washer and 2nd gens most will be 2 speed with washer.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
novanutcase said:
Don't mean to hijack your thread but while we are on the subject of wipers, has anyone done an in the dash wiper motor mod?
Hows this:

QUOTE=62civa]I also want to fill in the wiper motor hole in my firewall. So I started looking for a good wiper motor to mount under the dash after I fill in the firewall. I found one on ebay and ordered it. It arrived today and it's really nice quality. Great price too. $12.95 for a new Trico unit made in England. Ebay item #6058319672 Check it out.
Ron[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
261 Posts
I mounted a motor under the dash, got it from a semi truck, nice compact unit that fit good, and has 2 speeds. But it took me all day to get the geomotry correct.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so in saying it will mount up and work but need to get a 2 speed switch also. it will be going on a 65 nova wagon

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Has anyone been able to find a wiper motor with 3 speeds? Hi, Low and Intermittent? Out here in sunny so cal sometimes it just sprinkles a little and I hate to have my low on and hear that squeaking sound that the wiper blades make when there isn't enough rain on the windshield to make it glide across on the pass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts