Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These seats are my dad's buddy, he brought them by and we placed them in my 1963 Nova for fitment.

My car from factory HAD to have a bench as there are no studs sticking up from the floor, nor any welded in factory brackets...

The seats fold forward not to the side, I have read if forward there 64+ or from a corvair...

Try to I.D. these as well the brackets

Brackets cleary lock into something and then rest down, there are spacers in the brackets and a new 1/2" hardware so I'm doubting anything Nova Related...

Thank you !!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another question....

I have a 4-speed with Hurst Shifter, if I were to find a BENCH SEAT will my shifter come in contact with it ?

Thanks much !

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think your shifter would be fine with a bench seat. I have a 63 and I converted the 3 on the column to a floor shift and I had no contact with the seat. I have since switched to a 4 speed but I have 65 GTO buckets now.

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Those seats are confusing to me... Ordinarily, I'd say that the '62-'64 seats fold at an angle and that those seats (folding straight) are '65's. The tracks and the releases however look earlier than '65. In addition, I've not seen that style of track where the rear of the track drops into a bracket and only bolts to the floor in the front. What were you told these were out of?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those seats are confusing to me... Ordinarily, I'd say that the '62-'64 seats fold at an angle and that those seats (folding straight) are '65's. The tracks and the releases however look earlier than '65. In addition, I've not seen that style of track where the rear of the track drops into a bracket and only bolts to the floor in the front. What were you told these were out of?
Out of a 63 Nova, but I now doubt it, well doubt the brackets as these were never used in a nova, but the seats could be nova but fold straight....

I have a chance to buy them all redone, but have to think about it based off finding brackets and so on...

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Measure C to C on the seat mounting holes first, as the later seats are too narrow by a little over an inch. If you can find a set with stock brackets in a '63, you can compare. I would measure for you, but my car is long gone.

I got lucky and found a set of brackets for a '63 on Ebay, at the exact time I was looking.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Measure C to C on the seat mounting holes first, as the later seats are too narrow by a little over an inch. If you can find a set with stock brackets in a '63, you can compare. I would measure for you, but my car is long gone.

I got lucky and found a set of brackets for a '63 on Ebay, at the exact time I was looking.
Front to back was 13" and side to side was a bit more....

Dam I should have wrote it down :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't say that right... measure the seat frame itself, where the brackets mount. The '65 and later seats are approx. 1.25" narrower than the earlier seats, which will make it harder to mount even if you do find the correct slides (brackets).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts