Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to change my mec. throttle linkage to a cable set up, anyone know a car that has a set up that will work ? I know lokar part #bag6127 and cable #tc-1000u will work but costs $167 not bad but, just wondering what you guys run.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
well chucky i run a a peice of all thread and two threaded heim joints on the ends. imo its safer than the cable thingy by lokar the reason why is ive broken the same type of cable ( not a throttle cable ) on my bmx bike so many times ( rear brakes ) doing tricks and what not so with that being said with all the power in my fingers just imagine whats in your leg :eek: :yes:

here is a pic of what i made

the all thread is from home depot and the heim joints i got from a local aircraft supply place called g&j aircraft

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I used a 68 Nova pedal(modified) and a Lokar cable and it has worked fine for years.The 68 pedal will fit right in the existing bracket on you firewall and have you set up for a cable.You can kind of see the cable going into the fire wall under the plug wires.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I attempted to run the factory linkage, but there was not enough room. My fuel rail and other parts were in the way. I do think the solid linkage is better is there is space. As you can tell from the picture, there's not very much room in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts