Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any vendors selling a shock tower brace to tighten up the front end? thanks, oilman

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
It was actually 2 pieces of tubing, one slid inside the other. You can see the end of the outer piece just in front of the throttle linkage. You can also see the 2 bolts that clamp them together directly to the front of the carb. I just flattened the ends and bolted them to the inner fender well. It definitely made a difference in the handling of the car.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
It was actually 2 pieces of tubing, one slid inside the other. You can see the end of the outer piece just in front of the throttle linkage. You can also see the 2 bolts that clamp them together directly to the front of the carb. I just flattened the ends and bolted them to the inner fender well. It definitely made a difference in the handling of the car.
Would 1 piece work? What size tubing?

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't see the Stokers bar being offered in chrome or even black only raw steel

·
Registered
878 Posts
Those bars are nothing but a sprint car chromoly tie rod or draglink with a couple of slight bends. Speedway sells 4130 tie rods and draglinks in a variety of lengths in the $30+ range. Add a couple of $12 rod ends and you are good to go.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
koolken53.... very nice clean looking 327 you have there. the bottle on the front inner fender passenger side, looks like anti-freeze in the bottle. back in the days of drive ins i used to carry rum in the bottle. thats as far as i'm going with that story. also your quarter panel an trunk trim is different ?? looks good. i saw these pictures in your garage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts