Chevy Nova Forum banner

62-64 wagon rear wheel tub size

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Philip 
#1 ·
Are they larger than a sedan or coupe? My 63 measures over 11" wide.

#3 ·
I don't have tires and wheels yet. Trying to figure out if the rear end housing should be narrowed, how much and what size tires. It seems with a 5.5" backspace I should be able to run a stock width housing. I have had suggestions from 1st gen sedan and coupe owners, but those numbers don't seem to align with what the wagon could fit.

#4 ·
We've had to clearance the stock tubs a bit to minimize the rubbing even with the 215's. Running a 10 bolt I believe to be stock width. The wheels and tires I have came on my car and I'm not sure if I have the wheels widths and backspace numbers. I'll take a look at the folder of receipts and see if it's in there somewhere.

#5 ·
17 X 7 with 4 5/8" backspacing on a stock rear end and 98-02 Camaro disc brakes running a 225 45 17" tire. Clears on the drivers side but touched slightly on a left corner. Cut a slit on the horizonal part of the tub nearest the quarter panel. Pushed the tub outward to close the slit and welded the slit closed. After grinding the weld and spraying the tub it looks like it was never modified yet no tire rub on corners. Car is on the low side. Not lowered there may not have been an issue.

#8 ·
Measured all kinds

Vert, hardtop, wagon sedan- all at the same place measured 11.5 inches. I found no width change on all, though I know the vert is some shorter front to rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.