Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think is the most important element to have a good 60 foot time. I know power & traction are probably the biggest factors involved. What is the biggie needed to balance power with traction.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I would say slicks are the biggest thing to help....also a torque converter to match your combo....:yes:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I think the question is too vague to answer specifically. Good 60 foots are going to be different on every combo based on engine, power, torque, car weight, traction devices, tires, front end set-up, shocks, launch RPM, etc.

If you can give us some specifics, I'm sure we could offer some suggestions as to how to improve.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
i think

it all has to function as a team working together , traction , converter stall where it needs to be to get the engine to jerk the car out, an effective chassis set up that focuses on getting the car out and not just the frontend up

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
It really comes down to whatever it takes to lower your 60-foot et. It could be weight transfer or location; suspension adjustments; change in launch rpms; other cars it could be as simple as a tire pressure change or tire size, etc. Basically, each car is different and responds differently to changes/adjustment. The best advice I can give you is make one change at a time, and take and keep copious notes on each adjustment and the result. Good luck and have fun testing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts