Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I drop coin on a new tremec tko600,I was wondering if anyone was running a richmond 6 speed,and if so,how do you like it,alot of cutting,etc.I really dont want a T-56,only because of all the cutting and Im keeping my bench.Any advice and or info would be great thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not sure on what you will end up doing but I just put a new tremec tko 600 in my 69. If I would have known about the cutting I might not have done it! However, having that beast in there I wouldn't do anything other than what I did. I have a bench seat and have an 8 inch aluminum shifter with a 1.5 inch offset. I decided to do the cutout myself and I have a friend weld in the tunnel piece. It really isn't bad, and not that hard. Worth the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
744 Posts
I just put a TKO-600 in my '63 but wasn't worried about the floor 'cause I was fixin' to replace the whole darn floor anyway. Don't know what you are converting from, but you'll enjoy what you are going to with the 5 speed. It is a sweet piece.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There's nothing like converting from a four speed with 373 gears to a tko with that .64 highway gear and 390's in the back. I can cruse down the hwy at 70 at around 2100 rpm's with my 17 inch rims

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's nothing like converting from a four speed with 373 gears to a tko with that .64 highway gear and 390's in the back. I can cruse down the hwy at 70 at around 2100 rpm's with my 17 inch rims

im running 18's and 3:70's im going with the tko just seems right....hotrod hydraulics has a nice clutch set up fully adjustable for proper pedal geometry..

·
Registered
48 Posts
You will be able to hit about 76 mph at about 2100 rpm's with that setup if you go with the .64. I think the other 5th gear is like .82 or similar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts