Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all lookin into putting a 6 speed into the nova and was just wondering if anyone knew of any kits out there or am i going to have to custome make everything ive seen the 5 speed kits at classic 5 speed but realy want that .50 6th so i can run 411 gears on the street in irac right now so the money thing isnt that much of a issue also would like a hyd clutch so i dont have to mess with linkage its a th350 auto now oh the cars a 74 hatch what do you all think from what ive seen its about 4000 for the ma\jority of the swap how much do ya think this will hurt the bank account
thanks for the help
josh

·
Banned
26,231 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
If your looking to do the t56 conversion, get it out of a 93-97 lt1 camaro. While your there grab the hydrolics system, clutch, shifter and anything else you want. I beleive the lt1 bellhousing/tranny will bolt right into your 350, but you have to get a $350 centerforce flywheel to make it work. This allows you to use the lt1 6-speed clutch. Check out http://www.t56kit.com, he has the crossmember and couple other things inculded as a kit for the conversion. If you have anyother questions, let me know.

Sean

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awsome thanks a lot guys for the help and info still lookin
would like a whole kit
josh

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
6 speed

usmcmec said:
hey all lookin into putting a 6 speed into the nova and was just wondering if anyone knew of any kits out there or am i going to have to custome make everything ive seen the 5 speed kits at classic 5 speed but realy want that .50 6th so i can run 411 gears on the street in irac right now so the money thing isnt that much of a issue also would like a hyd clutch so i dont have to mess with linkage its a th350 auto now oh the cars a 74 hatch what do you all think from what ive seen its about 4000 for the ma\jority of the swap how much do ya think this will hurt the bank account
thanks for the help
josh
installed one (Richmond) in my car, expensive but well worth it. final trans ratio is .62, running 4.86 gears. unless I'm on the hiway doing 75mph @ 2200
use 5th gear around town mostly, you can pick different ratios, hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts