Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be picking up a 64 wagon this week:rolleyes: and was wondering what kind of gas mileage I could expect from the stock L6 with an overdrive trans??

·
Registered
309 Posts
got to be atleast 25mpg, there is a guy the next town over that has a67 4 door with a6 and a glide that gets 18mpg all day long and the overdrive should be atleast 30% better than a glide

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
got to be atleast 25mpg, there is a guy the next town over that has a67 4 door with a6 and a glide that gets 18mpg all day long and the overdrive should be atleast 30% better than a glide
I used to get 24 MPG in town with a 230 4spd with a 4 bbl

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might? Might?!!! No bro... GET IT! :yes:
it belongs to a good friend of mine. I havent seen it in a year but I last remember it being clean. We'll check it out tomorrow night. I might snap some pics and post em.:D

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I might be picking up a 64 wagon this week:rolleyes: and was wondering what kind of gas mileage I could expect from the stock L6 with an overdrive trans??
are u even done with 67???? J/K!!! hell yeah if its clean grab it.... who cares about gas mileage, u gotta pay to play, its not like ur tryin to play hard... gimme holla anytime, always down to get the hands dirty.....

JOHN

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are u even done with 67???? J/K!!! hell yeah if its clean grab it.... who cares about gas mileage, u gotta pay to play, its not like ur tryin to play hard... gimme holla anytime, always down to get the hands dirty.....

JOHN
no, not done with the 67 but this one is for the wife:rolleyes: and we plan to drive it as is for a while until the 67 is done and we'll save some money to put in the wagon later on

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
no, not done with the 67 but this one is for the wife:rolleyes: and we plan to drive it as is for a while until the 67 is done and we'll save some money to put in the wagon later on
Whoa! Last I knew she was girlfriend? What'd ya go and do?

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,670 Posts
I hope it's more than the 12-14 mpg my PG gets. I'm about to switch a 2004R into mine. I'm just hoping for more than 20 mpg.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeah I just checked today what i get on my inline 6 with a power glide and it was around 12-13 mpg. But that was before I checked the points which were off. wondering how I could improve this matter. I will be switching to a th 350 soon then on to a 383 hopefully.

couple pics of my wagon

click
click
Click
Click

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
If you get 18 MPG you should be happy.

I am getting about 16 MPG; 3:36 gears, 200-4R, 26" tires, and 330 HP V8 crate motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts