Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and seen alot of you all still runnings the original 6cyl in your Nova.I have the original 6cyl with a powerglide in my Nova now.I was thinking about down the road dropping in a newer fuel injected with overdrive drivetrain.My question is for now what can be done to the 6cyl to make it have a little more power.I don't need a powerhouse i already have a toy for that.I just want a good cruiser that gets decent fuel mileage.Would i be better leaving the 6cyl and adding an overdrive trans,header,4 barrel and decent cam and exhaust or just wait and do the ls1 swap?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have searched and seen alot of you all still runnings the original 6cyl in your Nova.I have the original 6cyl with a powerglide in my Nova now.I was thinking about down the road dropping in a newer fuel injected with overdrive drivetrain.My question is for now what can be done to the 6cyl to make it have a little more power.I don't need a powerhouse i already have a toy for that.I just want a good cruiser that gets decent fuel mileage.Would i be better leaving the 6cyl and adding an overdrive trans,header,4 barrel and decent cam and exhaust or just wait and do the ls1 swap?
If you bought new components you'd be looking at close to if not over $2,000 to do what you listed to a 6 cylinder. You'd probably be looking at double that when its all said and done to put an LS motor in. Another option would be a newer fuel injected 4 cylinder would bolt up to a 200 4r. You can get those motors cheap. I think the turbo ones from saturns and soltices are like 250+ hp.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Put an overdrive transmission in. It will give you a much lower first gear for take off and a fourth gear for mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts