Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who would sell a new oli pan for my 65 194? My drain plug threads are goofed up and would like to replace it.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Not too sure if you can buy a new one or not...best bet would be Chevy2only.com

Personally I would just find a used one, clean it up and use it. You could probably find one for free or next to nothing.

BTW: I'm organizing a So. AZ Nova event in Tucson in June. Maybe you could make it down? Should be a good time, nova is optional but desire to have as many as we can.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My pan spent a winter sitting on the floor of the garage and ended up with rust holes and damaged threads in the drain also. I used JB Weld on the threads and tapped the correct threads and they have held for 3 years now. I'll admit that I am pretty careful when I change the oil though. Also used the JD weld on the small holes with no problems so far. I wasted an entire summer trying to find a pan that was in better shape, but that was probably before I had found this awsome site. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
You might want to think about drilling a new hole and tap it the next size up...I think its a 7/16....You might be able to go with 1/2...It may be worth a try...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Worse case, if you have a manual steering car, use a rear sump pan from any 194-250. They work with very little hammer work above the drain plug to clear the draglink. If you have PS, you must use a center sump pan.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I may ?? still have a stock 194 pan. If you haven't fixed or found one yet.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all who replied. I may try to re-drill the hole, first. sgtsteve, If I can make it to Tuscon, I would love to be there, but I'm still having a overheating issue even after cleaning and fixing my rad. Not sure what to do now, as the budget keeps getting smaller and smaller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts