Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was at my buddies shop tonight,, he's done a few blower motors but this one is a re-do of what someone else put together and he's trying to get it all matched together,,,Its a 355, comp cam , 242/250 on a 112 hyd roller , 8-1 , 2 -650dp's ,, i didn't count the teeth on the pulleys to calculate the drive ratio but i think its popping the relief valve on the intake at around 5000,,,, it takes a big dip in the power curve , but still came up with 626 corrected HP and 650 ftlbs of torque.

The owner of the engine didn't supply him with any extra pulleys to adjust the drive ratio ,,, it only showed 14 lbs of boost , peaked at 5600,, i looked up a similar cam in cranes catalog ,, recommended a total of 18lbs of boost

He's gonna make some calls in the morning ,, just wondered if there is any super charger techs on here ????

trying to nail down a good pump gas set up for it now

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like to me

if i was doing this , i'd get pulleys where its making the kind of boost only near where the top rpm limit you want to spin the engine. Or if you could hit a sweet spot where the boost level isn't increasing above the level you decide the motor will handle even with more RPM .

anyone anyone ????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts