Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the motor out of my 67,looking to go the LSx route and need to sell this.It makes 537hp and 507 tq @ on the dyno @ the flywheel. Compression is around 11.0-1.It has roughly 5000 miles on it and has had Royal Purple in it since it was broken in.I am currently looking to sell the long block ***'y for $5500 .I do have everything from radiator to the TH350 trans that can be sold all as a package for the right price.Once the long block sells I will be piecing out the rest of the parts.The long block consists of balancer to flex plate,pan to intake for the above listed price.All other parts are up for negotiation.It is currently in my car so it can be started and driven before purchase(buyer in passenger seat:eek:)Would prefer local pick up but will work with out of area buyer to the best of my abilities.

Motor consists of a Little M race block #3113211
http://www.dartheads.com/products/engine-blocks/chevy-small-blocks/little-m-engine-blocks.html

It has a ported set of older AFR210 revised straight plug heads,2.08 intake and 1.6 exhaust.They flow 288 @ .600 lift.Crane Gold roller rockers and stud girdles.

Has Isky solid roller cam .602 lift with a 1.5 rocker @ .630 with a 1.6 rocker
Isky roller lifters and an AFR rev kit.
Rotating ***'y consists of a Cola 4340 forged steel crank 3.75 stroke and 400 size mains,Eagle "H" beam rods with ARP bolts,Ross #99464 flat top pistons.
Has 8 inch Fluid Damper

Has double roller chain and aluminum timing cover with cam button.Intake is a Victor Super Jr that has been matched to the heads and clear powder coated

Oiling system consists of a 7 qt custom built KevCo pan with a power kick out and windage tray.Has Meling Select oil pump with the 3/4 inlet.

Also includes GM performance valve covers.
ARP fasteners have been used through out.

Brief running video
http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/nova404/?action=view&current=MOV01575.mp4

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This is it running at idle

This is what it sounds like at idle outside the car

Here is what it sounds like getting on it a little leaving TCI

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Tough little engine ( mines lil compared to this :eek: ) and Great sound coming from it....

Congrats on to the New Owner :yes: ( Hope that you stay between the lines :D )

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Denny Moulton(d64nova) is buying it to replace the one stolen out of his 67 over the last weekend.Its going to a good home and stayng in a 67 Nova:D

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As soon as the old one is out and I have cash in hand:DI do have a few customer cars to work on while mine is apart which will slow progress a bit.Looking forward to the "trendy" motor swap:D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hey Denny, betcha you cant do a burnout like Brian.:poke:

Congrats, Brian.

Denny, Congratulations, I'm sorry.

Tim

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
To some :eek: I see it as embracing modern technology:D
I think most go to the LS engines because they haven't felt real horsepower before with you being the exception since you just sold that monster. :D

I am old school myself.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts