Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sometimes ,,

i like to read stuff like that because it coincides with some of the results i've saw with people using stock stuff , and running the hell out of it and not having alot of problems. I've saw some 355's go through total torture and not blow up with cast cranks and stock rods. Yeah sure , once you go over 7000 and run the risk of detonation with alot of compression , then you need alot better rods/crank. But until then , i had a friend with a 355 that saw 8000 rpm almost daily with a cast crank and stock rods for 2 years , street car with a 513 gear and was only pulled to be freshened up.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
i like to read stuff like that because it coincides with some of the results i've saw with people using stock stuff , and running the hell out of it and not having alot of problems. I've saw some 355's go through total torture and not blow up with cast cranks and stock rods. Yeah sure , once you go over 7000 and run the risk of detonation with alot of compression , then you need alot better rods/crank. But until then , i had a friend with a 355 that saw 8000 rpm almost daily with a cast crank and stock rods for 2 years , street car with a 513 gear and was only pulled to be freshened up.
I ran a nitrided nodular crank in a 355 that I built several years ago that motor made good power, 11-1 compression pink rods and bow tie heads topped with a bow tie Victor and a Carb Shop 930cfm carb, I beat that thing all the time with no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts