Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using 5/8" studs with the nut on the backside of the axle, aluminum spacer, and the actual lug nut with Weld Draglite wheels and drum brakes? I know the high dollar race wheels all use this type of stud and nut setup just trying to make sure this is possible with my wheels.

I will be ordering axles before long and don't want to mess up having them drilled for 5/8" studs when they may not work with my wheels.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I have them on my Centerlines but I don't see why they wouldn't work on your wheels; I'm sure I've seen cars with that combo.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are your studs 3"? I have called around trying to find out what will work. Moser says their 3" stud part# 8080 is what I need. I can't verify the specs on Mosers studs. I called Strange and they said to use a 4" stud part# A1041. I checked the specs on this stud and it looks like it will work. Its the only one from Strange I have seen that has a shank long enough to protude outside of the wheel.

If I could get as much tire under my car as you seem to have I would be doing alright. I would like to mini-tub the car but I am going to have enough on my plate getting the car back together in the time frame I have laid out.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I have used the MW studs and if memory serves they offer a couple different length shoulders on their studs. I have the Strange studs on my car now and I run Pro Stars with them, no problems but I have disc brakes. I haven't used any with drum brakes and the disc brake caps are thicker than your drums by alot. You could see what MW has if you need a shorter stud. RM

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Joe's right. Both M/W and Strange make different length studs. You just need to know how much shoulder length you need so the washer has a bit to center itself on. I run them on my dragster, and after the rear is finished on the 65, they'll be on there too. Dave

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Mine are the Moser's you mentioned; they're 3" and come with 2 different thickness spacers to compensate for the different wheel thickness. When I run my Rally's, I use both spacers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts