Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess you could say today was a bad day...Hey Philip, hope you still got someparts laying around!

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
??

Don't know. It was parked for about 30 minutes, must have started shortly after shutting her down. Seems to have started at either the firewall or inside the dash. Had driven her about 30 miles before stopping to visit a buddy and all was fine. By the time it was seen the fire had already burned thru the windshield. Luckily the fire company arrived fast and got it out quickly. It's major but should be repairable. Guess I'm going to find out how good State Farms' collector car insurance is. I have her covered to the hilt with them, full replacement/stated value policy. Should know in a day or two what they want to do.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Well, I'm glad you had good insurance on her. Man, what a bummer. Electrical possibly? (I would guess so, or else you would have smelled fuel or something)

It looks like you will be able to repair it from the pics at least.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Again, sorry to see/hear this man.

Scott

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
Dude that SUCKS! I remember back when you had it painted and it looked really good when it was done.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
That makes me wanna puke!!!! Sorry this happened man. Keep your chin up. Good days right around the corner!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
That's something we all hate to see happen. All the best in bringing her back even better than it was.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Sorry to see this Mike. I hope State Farm steps up and takes care of you. Bigger and better next time, keep your chin up.

Tiny

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Holy Crap, I am so sorry Mike, I just got an e-mail From 1974nova showing me a video of his 74 which Lost brakes at end of a 130mph pass at Atco and having no Brakes
Hopefully repairs can be done swiftly
I don't have any parts per say to offer you, But just one thing like I said to 1974nova, At least no one was harmed bodily, Maybe in your heart, but it will mend.
Damn just when the 4th Gens were coming on strong

·
Registered
469 Posts
man that sucks.at least no one was hurt.your car looked great when i seen it at the nova nats last year.one thing to keep in mind you built it once so now you can build it better this time.let us know if there is any parts we can be on the look out for.good luck on the rebuild.sorry to see that happen to such a nice car.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Oh man, not cool. I'm new and obviously haven't seen the car before, but it looked pretty nice. State Farm has a good reputation, let's hope it's deserved.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Mike, that sucks big time!!!! Right when nice weather starts to roll around too! By the looks of the damage you need a new hood I guess its a race between you and me to find another hood in Central PA!

Just curious did you ever have a fire extinguisher inside of the car like a small 2.5 or 5 lb extinguisher we have one in our Rally and have not used it yet (knock on wood) but seems like it would help a little bit. I plan on getting a 5lb chrome Halon for my car.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yup

Mike, that sucks big time!!!! Right when nice weather starts to roll around too! By the looks of the damage you need a new hood I guess its a race between you and me to find another hood in Central PA!

Just curious did you ever have a fire extinguisher inside of the car like a small 2.5 or 5 lb extinguisher we have one in our Rally and have not used it yet (knock on wood) but seems like it would help a little bit. I plan on getting a 5lb chrome Halon for my car.
Yup I carry a small one. But as it was already burning for a while by the time I was aware so made no attempt to get it out. The interior was already blackened and filled with smoke so there was no way for me to reach it. The smoke and fumes from a burning car interior are VERY toxic and I knew better (from my firefighter training years ago) then to attempt to open the door or get too close.

I hope State Farm is good about this! I just spent some time adding up some things off the top of my head and it already totaled over $12,000 and there was much not on the lst and no labor figured in except for paint/body work!
The motor is going to need pulled down as it was filled with water from the fire hoses plus all the firewalls stuff like brake cyl, wipers and motor, wiring harness, etc. If they dont give $15,000 I'm not sure it'll cover eveything.

Hope I don't get screwed in this, really want to rebuild the car again. Crap I was hoping to put her under 12.50 at the track this year too. Guess if they dont give enough for a full resto I can gut her for a drag car but what a waste as she is very solid and rust free.

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Mike that just heart breaking!
:(

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
she'll be back BA

Al she'll be back in one form or another, no matter what!!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts