·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GUESS NOBODY LIKED THIS ONE! I'LL GIVE IT ANOTHER ROUND :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,004 Posts
The battery relocation was probably due to using the wrong AC installation kit.
I do not believe the miles or that a New York car would be in that condition even if it had been parked for 30 years.
That standard cool radiator will not work for long with AC, it will over heat and possibly crack the head.
Clean car but it is already past would I would consider a good price, given the location and lack of detail in the photos and description.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Not sure Philip about your doubts. The engine bay is superdetailed, looks like a pampered or semi-restored car, maybe not from New York originally? I guess so many bids indicate that bidders have called to ask for details...

Trim rings dont seem original but poverty caps do. The body is perfectly straight. Uncracked dash. The seat covers sure look original and agree with the mileage.

Only thing I dont like is the steering wheel cover. The 3sp on the floor doesnt seem original to me, quite strange.

Otherwise, I like to see a well-cared for 6 cyl engine bay... unusual.

·
Super Moderator
12,004 Posts
If it is truly a 18k mile car it will still look new underneath and some larger photos with detail would help prospective buyers. The battery relocation would bother me, what else may have been reworked unnecessarily.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
That would be great for a driver and when years down the line it gets tired, then V8 it. I like it and it looks straight and clean. :yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I DON'T KNOW, I THINK IT'S A FINE PIECE, :yes: I MEAN A FEW COSMETIC FEATURES CAN BE WORKED OUT,:turn: BUT OVERALL IT'S A DAMN GOOD PIECE!:yes:
I WOULDA RAN THE BATTERY TO THE TRUNK IF IT WAS IN THE WAY! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,004 Posts
6 bidders, 20 bids, reserve not met. Apparently at this moment in time the market is indicating the car is worth $3650. Like I said earlier larger photos showing the details of the car inside, outside and underneath would help, if it truly is clean and low miles that may bring some higher bids. For the information and pictures given the bidding seems about right.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
6 bidders, 20 bids, reserve not met. Apparently at this moment in time the market is indicating the car is worth $3650. Like I said earlier larger photos showing the details of the car inside, outside and underneath would help, if it truly is clean and low miles that may bring some higher bids. For the information and pictures given the bidding seems about right.
PROLLY A ROOKIE SELLER, OR JUS' DON'T KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO SELL IT! :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts