Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
78 Nova. I scored a rear disc brake conversion for a good deal. I'm mouting them on driver side and the bolt for the parking brake bracket is just barely in the way of the shock. I already removed the bracket for the parking brake spring. (I'm not too worried about keeping the parking brake if it's my last resort) 1. Could I reverse the caliper to the front of the rotor without changing the pass side? Will this affect my braking? 2. Do they make some sort of shock relocation kit for this situatuon? 3. Or last resort I could shave the bolt down just enough to clear the shock. Any input or other ideas from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1972 Nova
327 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like your bleeder is pointing down? You need that pointing up, unless you want to do all of your brake bleeding with the caliper hanging upside down attached by a wire.

Does your passenger side have the rotor on the back as well? If it's on the rear of the axle, is the bleeder pointing up or down? Is it possible you just have the wrong side caliper on there?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The passenger side bleeder is at the top. I had some guys on another forum explain to me that for staggered shocks the caliper on the driver side is to be rotated to the front of the rotor, then putting the bleeder at the top. I was steered to some instructions on how to install these and it shows that as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts