Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

fond it on a movie site http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_497310-Chevrolet-Nova-1975.html thought it was kinda cool ,thats it next parts car i get i getting out the sawsall i thinking bad things would happen would if you get the doors open , maybe just weld them up and go in and out dukes of hazzard style !

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
im not a fan of convertibles, I just think roofs make the style of muscle cars. Just like the 70 chevelle I love it, but without the roof it just looks like a big cruiser car.

Thanks for sharing the pic, It just always amazes me what some people do to cars.

·
Registered
46 Posts
im not a fan of convertibles, I just think roofs make the style of muscle cars. Just like the 70 chevelle I love it, but without the roof it just looks like a big cruiser car.

I am the opposite.

I think the 70 Chevelle looks much better as a convertible.

So should I vote for Obama or Romney???

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,055 Posts
i am just impressed that it did not fold in half
Although I don't think I'd recommend turning one into a convertible without some additional reinforcement, the structure of these cars is actually quite strong.

Several years ago a guy I know hit a moose with his 78 4-door. It smashed up the hood, windshield, and front part of the roof as well as the front door window frames. So I sold him one of my parts cars ... a rustbucket 76 4-door. He sawzalled the roofs off both cars and welded the 76 roof onto his 78. And took the front doors off the 76 too.

Then he took the rusty and roofless 76 (without any front doors either) out for a joyride on some of the local farm/field access roads. I saw it afterward and was truly amazed to see that it hadn't folded in half (especially with all the rust). Didn't even look like it had bent or sagged in the middle.

A bit off topic, but he eventually gave up on fixing that 78 and I bought it for parts. It had really nice bumpers (moose legs didn't hurt the front one a bit), a tilt steering column, rust-free trunk lid, and a good 8.5" rear that have all since found their way onto/into my 77.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts