Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seen on here that someone was looking for a 4speed hump, but I can't seem to find it again if anyone knows we're it is get with me about it!

·
Registered
582 Posts
There are pics posted somewhere here one or 2 years ago of the original in 4th gen. The 3rd gen repro is way off in shape and position.

This is going to be a problem as very few 4th gens came with floor shifters and junkyard or parts scavengers usually wouldnt remove this part... You may have to modify the 3rd gen repro part... if you can find pics and measurements of the factory floor, that would be easier than building from scratch. Also, the manual console is a very precise fit to the hump so you would have to check every detail... With new bushings the original hurst lever is under an inch from hitting and breaking the front of the tray in 1st. Mine was severely cracked from bad bushings allowing too much forward movement.

Also, the shifter ring is 73-79, and the boot is also 73-79 and different from any other and would have to be adapted from 71-80 Camaro repros. That's what I had to do...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Reason I asked is because I know a guy,that has one to get rid of if someone needs it

sent from my ipad

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I don't buy and flip let someone else buy it and save the money

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sorry if you find flipping undignified, I have done it many times to save parts for fans not for making money, and never regretted it. I suggested it because its going straight to the scrap mound and it's ultrarare (8000 out of 3 million 4th gen Novas), really worth saving for many Nova fans looking to make conversions, but to each his own.

I suppose you could direct people to the seller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts