Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Nova freaks! I have a 454 and looking into the tremec 5sp tranny, I have a 10 bolt posi unit. My question is will I have to have a custom driveshaft or could I use the current one I have? Thanks Joe:devil:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yes, you will need to have a new drive shaft made. I am doing a swap to a 5 speed Tremec also, and it is about 2" longer that the Muncie transmission. Also, the yoke for the Tremec uses a 1350 series u-joint whereas the stock drive shaft uses 1310 series u-joints. You will also need to change the yoke on the differential pinion to a 1350 series yoke.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Yes, you will need to have a new drive shaft made. I am doing a swap to a 5 speed Tremec also, and it is about 2" longer that the Muncie transmission. Also, the yoke for the Tremec uses a 1350 series u-joint whereas the stock drive shaft uses 1310 series u-joints. You will also need to change the yoke on the differential pinion to a 1350 series yoke.
Or he can use the "bass-tard" u-joint.....or get the driveshaft built to use the smaller u-joint in the rear......or etc., etc.,

Lots of options, lots of options...:devil:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts