Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I purchased motor mounts from Speedway but I can’t get the engine block to go down far enough to line up with the motor mounts bolt holes. I’ve raised and lowered the engine a dozen times but no go! Do I need different motor mounts for a TCI front clip? I was able to get one bolt started on one side but that’s it. These motor mounts are about 1and 3/4 “ thick. Maybe I need to bring my 290 lb buddy, Junior over to stand on motor ? Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Something is not right about the installation of the frame mounts - they are too close together. A 454 and a 283 have the same mounting configuration, as do all SBC and BBC traditional engines. So a 283 block will fit on these mounts exactly the same way.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for your reply. So your thinking the TCI front clip motor mounts are too close? Any one else want to chime in? Thx

·
Registered
878 Posts
Kinda hard to get a look at the holes in the mounts where the cross bolt goes thru. In the first pix the flat washer is in the way. But, in std Chevy mounts this hole is slotted which allows up and down movement of the mount.
With both sides being slotted you should pick up the adjustment you need.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx Alf & Rick for replies. I just checked, motor mount bolt hole is not slotted, ZERO movement. It’s a round hole. Bummer ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alf,
Looks like the MM’s I have are all for not. Oh well, live & learn. Thx for the link.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
454 motor mount UPDATE

Thx again Tim. I ordered Item # 3.1114 and those motor mounts made a huge difference, especially for a one man show. Energy Suspension parts in my opinion are a superior motor mount and a perfect fit for my application. You get what you pay for! It sure pays to plug into SNS.
Thanks Everyone.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts